Pondicherry is one of the Indian Travel destinations that is preferred by holiday makers from all across the globe. The combination of rich heritage and colonial charm make a perfect vacation. To ensure a wholesome experience, there are various heritage hotels in Pondicherry known for providing excellent accommodation along with modern facilities and exceptional services. Here is a small rundown of heritage hotels in Pondicherry worth opted for accommodation.
Heritage Villa Helena Pondicherry
Heritage Villa Helena is one of the premium heritage Hotels in India. This 100 year property perfectly reveals the old-world charm of the colonial era. The ultramodern facilities and exceptional services also play a crucial role in making the stay lavish and memorable for the guests. The Indian hospitality throughout the stay also overwhelms the guests.
• Address: 14, Suffren Street, Pondicherry – 605001, India.
• Distance: Airport – 15 km; Railway Station – 2 km.
• Number of Rooms: 8
• Dining: Aristo (Open-Air Roof Garden Restaurant – Indian, Asian and Continental Cuisines).
Hotel De L’orient Pondicherry
Hotel De L’orient is a colonial mansion that was later renovated and restored as a heritage hotel. Along with the old-world colonial charm, the modern facilities and services play important role providing lavish accommodation. The hotel also reflects the French aura. To hotel also boasts of its restaurant where guests are served sumptuous food.
• Address: 17 Rue Romain Rolland, Petit Canal Street, Pondicherry – 605001, India.
• Distance: Airport – 160 km; Railway Station – 2 km.
• Number of Rooms: 10
• Dining: Carte Blanche (In-House Restaurant – Creole Cuisine).
Savoy Hotel Pondicherry
In the list of heritage hotels of India, the Savoy Hotel (Pondicherry) acquired prominent position. The hotel is designed with elements that reflect the old-world colonial charm. Further, to ensure a comfortable stay, the rooms are well-appointed and equipped with modern facilities and services. Location being in proximity to the railway station and the airport has also played crucial role in making this hotel the most preferred choice of the guests.
• Address: Near Kumbakonam, Pondicherry, India.
• Distance: Airport – 200 km; Railway Station – 7 km.
• Number of Rooms: 25
• Dining: In-House Multi-Cuisine Restaurant (Indian to Continental Delicacies).