- Photo Gallery
- Local Info
State : Rajasthan; City : Bikaner
Location : P.O. Gajner, Tehsil Kolayat, Bikaner-334301, Rajasthan, India
No. of Rooms : 45 Rooms
Category : Heritage Hotel
Gajner Palace listed in Heritage Hotels in India, located just 30 minutes away from the Bikaner is one of the most sought-after heritage properties in the country. Located on the shores of Lake Gajner and in proximity to the Gajner wildlife sanctuary, this beautiful property is built in red sandstone. A getaway resort for special guests during the British Raj, it is now one of the finest heritage hotels.
Spreading in an area of over 6000 acres of land, Gajner Palace Bikaner was mainly hunting resort during the time of the rule of the British and before that the summer palace of Sir Ganga Singhji, one of the greatest Maharajas of Bikaner during the first-half of the 20th century.
It was opted as an accommodation by a number of dignitaries, which also included the Prince of Wales in 1905, Governor General Lord Elgin, Lord Erwin in 1927 and Viceroy of India, Lord Mountbatten. This hotel was connected to the Bikaner Palace by rail in 1922.
The property has 45 guest rooms including suites and deluxe Rooms. Every room is well-laden with antique furniture reminding one of the days of the royalty. There is an attached plush bathroom, separate sitting cum dining room, separate dressing room is available in the suites.
Both the room options offer world-class facilities such as satellite TV, telephone with STD/ISD, luxury baths with toiletries, personal tea/coffee maker and much more. The number of rooms is:
- Historic Suites (13)
- Deluxe Rooms (32)
Gajner Palace, a famed heritage hotel in Bikaner, is segregated into 4 wings: Dungar Niwas, Mandir Chowk, Gulab Niwas and Champa Niwas. The suites are in Dungar Niwas, which were an accommodation option for British dignitaries during leisure trips.
The rooms are in Gulab Niwas that were used by glamorous railway officers in olden times. A newly built section in the property is Champa Niwas with rooms that have courtyards and Mandir Chowk is where the reception area is placed and has an ancient temple too.
The Mirage Restaurant
The former ballroom of the Maharaja and his guests, The Mirage restaurant today serves lip-smacking delicacies of Indian, Mughlai and Continental cuisines. Open during the day for light snacks and lunch and dinner, it has an extension in the form of the Imperial Terrace, a perfect place to enjoy tribal and folk performances in the evening with the sanctuary and lake in the backdrop.
Timing: 10:00am to 10:30pm
Desert-theme based bar, Mrigtrishna bar has an interior that oozes out elegance. Placed in Dungar Niwas, if the name of the bar is translated into English, it means ‘Mirage’. Relax while sipping your favorite wine while the cool breeze blows past you.
Timing: 11:00am to 10:30pm
- Banquet & Conference Facilities
- Tennis Courts
- Nature Walks
- Horse Riding
- Wildlife Safari into Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary
Solar Boat Charters and Boating on Gajner Lake
- Puppet Show and Folk Dances
- Same Day Laundry and Dry-cleaning
- Travel Desk
- Money Exchange
- Safety Lockers
- Doctor on Call
- Railway Station Transfers
- Cars/Limousines for Hire
- Restaurant and Bar
Manoranjan Amphitheatre of Hotel Gajner Palace is perfect for events for about 150 guests. Guests may also dine at the mesmerizing Sand Dunes which is surely an experience of a lifetime.
Camel and Jeep safari apart from some traditional cultural performances will keep you entertained. Visiting the Gajner sanctuary is also a good option of recreation.
|Distance From Airport :||260 Km|
|Distance From Station :||32 Km|
Bikaner, also known as the ‘Camel Country’, is also famed for being a reminder of the opulence of the medieval times that is an important part of the lifestyle of the city even today.
Along with enjoying the architectural gems of this well-known destination in Rajasthan, you must try local rendition ‘Bhujia’.
Gajner Palace Winter Package
Valid from 1st Oct 2014 to 31st March 2015
2 Nights / 3 Days Package
|Deluxe Room||INR 18,999|
Extra Bed on Plans: INR 4999
- Accommodation on a double occupancy basis for 2 nights & 3 days
- Breakfast and bed tea
- Lunch / Dinner (TDH)
- Inclusive of all applicable taxes
- Regal Visits
Aditional Package Features:
- Traditional welcome and a welcome drink.
- Special room amenities.
- Special surprises at evening turndown.
- Happy hours at our select F&B outlets (20% off on F&B).
- 20% off on Spa usage at Panghat SPA & Salon for guests of Fateh Bagh and Gorbandh Palace.
- 20% off on laundry S Exciting activities for children.
- Complimentary use of Wi-Fi.
- Package extendable on pro-rata basis.
- Early check-in and late check-out subject to availability.
- Use of wet area (Sauna or Steam or Jacuzzi) for 30 minutes once during the stay.
Terms & Conditions:-
- Management reserves the right to change, amend and withdraw the Tariff / Package rate without any prior notice.
- Rates are not valid for group bookings and conferences.
- Confirmation of rooms is subject to availability.
- Full advance will be charged at the time of booking.
- Package once booked is non-refundable.
- No Other Promotional Offers would be allowed in conjunctions with this summer package.
- Right of admission is reserved.
- Inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- All disputes are subject to jurisdiction of Udaipur courts only.